Friday, October 24, 2014

Why I like to commute by bicycle

I am currently in my 4th month of riding my bicycle to work as much as possible.  I love it and below I will share with you why.

First and foremost I do not have to deal with traffic as much and I can time the lights on my commute.  My drive in has a total of 21 stop's a mix of stop signs and red lights.  In my vehicle I can not time them and end up stopping at half of them.  On the bike I can generally time them and only get stopped at 3 per ride.  My total trip one way is 7.3 miles.  When I have time and feel like it I will ride past my workplace to add miles to my list.  For the month of September I put 212 miles on my bicycle.

I save a gallon of gas for each day that I ride to work.  My vehicle get's a horrible 15 mpg.  Since I have started commuting by bike my gas mileage has increased to 16 mpg.  Granted it's not a lot but every little bit helps.

My mental state of mind is improved by not having to deal with traffic in the same manner as I do in a vehicle.  And Physically I have dropped 15 lbs and shaved roughly 2 to 3 inches off my waste line.  I feel great at work on the days I ride and I now find myself trying to find reasons not to ride.

I am so thankful I have the ability and the opportunity to ride my bicycle to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment