Thursday, October 23, 2014

How A liberal and I think alike and differently.

I have been spending some time contemplating conversations with liberals, republicans, libertarian's, and all the rest.  The one thought that came to mind is that I do tend to agree with many complaint's that all make such as.

1) Healthcare in the United States is flawed
       A liberal think's that only Government can provide a good quality healthcare system as is done in other countries.  I disagree with this notion I feel that Government has caused a lot of the problems in our current system.  We need reform but reform that put's the power back in the hand's of the consumer or sick person.
Health is not a right it's a blessing we can die at any moment.

2) Some corporations simply suck
        Again a Liberal think's that Government should mandate corporations and tax them more aggresively then individuals.  I disagree I think that we the consumers should mandate corporations.  Simply put if we don't like a company and how it treat's it's employees we just don't buy their product.  This might mean we have to pay more for our goods.

3) Some Wealthy individuals have more say then the poor
          A liberal thinks that we should make laws to restrict the wealthy and to tax them and give that money to the poor.  I disagree I think we should all strive to be wealthy and to also follow suit with number 2 let our money vote in the arena of who we pay for services or goods.

4) At times the cards seem stacked against the less fortunate
          A liberal thinks that the Government should unstack those cards and create an equal status among all people.  I disagree in that I think having the cards stacked against us is what challenges us to change our stars.  If we don't have that we achieve nothing.  Why would someone jump from the stratosphere if they already had everything everyone else had and it didn't benefit them in any way to do so.  Why would someone take risk?

5) Education is very important
          A liberal feels that we need to pump more money into a system that is already failing.  I disagree I think we need to change the system and create a system that actually educates our Children.  My own feeling is that currently our public schools are more of an indoctrination tool for the Government rather then about education.

6) Worker's should be paid fairly, Companies should provide good quality jobs
           A liberal thinks that Government should mandate what a company pay's workers to increase the profitability of the employee no matter what it does to the profitability of the company.  I think that we the consumers should choose products that have a history of treating their employee's in a good manner.  Years ago this was accomplished by buying local goods.  We can do a better job then Gov can.  If Gov does it companies just find a way around it.  If we don't buy their products they can't get around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment